It’s still October, so I thought I’d share one of my favorite and simple oatmeal recipes. Eating a bowl of hot oatmeal on a chilly day is one of my favorites. I never use to like oatmeal because of the texture, but I’ve found that when I add in nuts or fruit it’s so tasty! And there’s so many healthy benefits of eating oatmeal that I love.
- Rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg or mace
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup (you could add up to 1/4 Cup if you like it a bit sweeter)
- chopped walnuts
- Cook rolled oats using water and a pinch of salt. Follow the directions on oats container. You could use milk instead.
- Once cooked, reduce heat and add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pure maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Pour half of the amount into a bowl and top with chopped walnuts. You could also top with sliced bananas or mini chocolate chips if you desire.
- Save the left over for breakfast the next day. It taste delicious warmed up the day after. It must be because the flavors get to soak in together!
What are some of you favorite fall oatmeal recipes? I’ve been dying to make a carrot cake version!