Do you have a go to dish for parties and get togethers?? This dish is my go to! It’s always been a big hit at our gatherings. We love it so much though, that I also make it for dinner!! It’s such an easy recipe to throw together on busy week nights. Lately, I’m all about easy and quick recipes because life can get crazy busy!
Something I love about this recipe is that it’s one I can accommodate for me health wise without making something completely separate!!! I serve it with tortilla chips for my hubby, and for me I either have blue corn chips or celery stalks (so crunchy .. so yummy!). Another thing I love about this recipe is you can make it as spicy as you’d like. My hubby isn’t a big fan of lots of spice so I don’t use as much buffalo sauce for our family dinners, but when I make it for a group I use the normal amount!
I suggest setting cream cheese out for at least 30 minutes to soften it. This just makes it easier to spread out in a pan.
Either shred cooked chicken or use a can of chicken. I like to either roast my chicken in the oven or poach it if I need it within 15 minutes. I also like to precook and shred chicken when I buy it in bulk and then freeze it until I need it. This makes it for an even quicker dinner meal!
Mix shredded chicken and buffalo sauce in a bowl.
Using a knife or spatula spread cream cheese in bottom of 9×13 baking dish.
Pour chicken and buffalo mixture on top.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Drizzle some ranch dressing over the cheese.
Bake at 350 uncovered for 25 minutes. (If using a smaller size like 8×8 you can bake about 18 -20 minutes). The cheese should be melted.
Serve with tortilla chips or sliced up veggies like celery or carrots. Zucchini or sweet potato chips would be another great option!
- 1 -2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup to 1 bottle buffalo sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese; softened
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Bake chicken in oven for 30 minutes, poach chicken on stove top for 12-15 minutes in boiling chicken stock, or use 1 -2 cans of shredded chicken.
- Shred baked chicken.
- Pour buffalo sauce and shredded chicken in a medium bowl; mix together.
- Spread cream cheese on the bottom of either a 13×9 or 8×8 baking dish.
- Spread shredded chicken and buffalo sauce mixture on top of cream cheese.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of chicken mixture.
- Drizzle ranch dressing over the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 uncovered for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve while hot with tortilla chips or sliced veggies.